- COVID-19 Update: Local Resources
- Providing Some Property Tax Relief for Low-Income Seniors
- When a Judge Issues a Warrant, It’s Serious
- Woodstock’s Mayor Wants to “Change Behavior” by Cloaking a Tax Increase as Environmental Concern. I Guess He Really Is a Democrat After All.
- There’s a “Red Menace” Made of Ink, and We’re Drowning In It
Follow the Campaign via Email
Comment PolicyComments are welcome. Readers are encouraged to submit under their true names. Comments deemed to be spam will be deleted. Comments containing offensive language and personal attacks will be deleted. Including a link to relevant content is permitted. Commenters are responsible for what they write, and comments will not be edited. Basically, let's keep it civil.
Category Archives: Second Amendment
In response to a mass shooting in Aurora in February, the sponsor of a bill which passed in the Illinois House in the Spring session stated that more money is needed to allow the State Police to monitor the issuance … Continue reading
Last week, a bill (H.B. 2354) was introduced in the Illinois House which creates a “Firearm Restraining Order”. It’s a bill that focuses on the intersection of mass shootings and the issue of mental health. Actually, what was filed was … Continue reading
In response to the shooting at the Parkland, Florida high school, we’re going to be discussing gun control issues in Springfield again next week. The senselessness of this shooting underscores the need for a rational debate on what steps can … Continue reading