- Gov. Pritzker Just Cost Illinois $800 Million (And Counting)
- An “Agreed Bill” That I Don’t Agree With
- Governor, Stay Home and Do Your Job
- How Many Renewable Energy Credits Does It Take To Screw in a Light Bulb?
- H.B. 4117: Posting Curriculum Online Gives Parents a Glimpse of What’s Being Taught to Their Kids
Follow the Campaign via Email
Comment PolicyComments are welcome. Readers are encouraged to submit under their true names. Comments deemed to be spam will be deleted. Comments containing offensive language and personal attacks will be deleted. Including a link to relevant content is permitted. Commenters are responsible for what they write, and comments will not be edited. Basically, let's keep it civil.
Tag Archives: Tax Reform
As we move into the new week and the prospect of considering the resolution to place the progressive income tax on the 2020 ballot, I’d like to add an additional objection to its passage. It won’t work. The … Continue reading
In my last post, I said that the pension cost shift that the Governor proposed in his budget address is nothing but an attempt to balance the State’s budget on the backs of property taxpayers, and that I would not … Continue reading
So now we know that next year the State of Illinois will have to shell out 24% of its state budget just to pay pensions, and we strongly suspect that we’re having smoke blown at us if we believe the … Continue reading